Clarke & Sampson Blog

What is Water Back Up Coverage?

Posted by Scott Jefferson

Mar 5, 2014 2:38:16 PM

Whether it’s a sump pump failure or a clogged drain, water back up is one of the most common types of losses. It’s also one of the most misunderstood. Do you know how your homeowners insurance would respond?

A standard homeowners policy provides coverage for accidental discharge or overflow of water from plumbing, heating, and air conditioning as long as it originates on the premises.  For example, if your shower drain clogs and causes water to overflow, you would have coverage for the resulting damage.

Read More

Topics: Flood Insurance, Personal Insurance, Homeowners Insurance, Water Back Up