Insurance for your wedding day? More and more venues are requiring wedding liability insurance, and more and more couples are looking to protect their investment with wedding cancellation protection.
For the happiest day of your life, you must be covered! Wedding insurance protects an engaged couple's investment in the event of circumstances out of their control and providers reimbursement for incurred expenses.
Examples of Damages a Wedding Insurance Policy will Cover
- A limo driver does not show up on the day of the wedding, forcing the couple to hire a different company in a church for double the price.
- The bride's custom-made veil is lost in he airport so she must purchase a new one the day before the wedding.
- The reception hall goes out of business a month before the wedding, causing the couple to lose their deposit and book a new venue last minute.
- Provides cancellation and postponement coverage for many problems such as severe weather causing wedding cancellation, transportation shutdowns, lost deposits, and other headaches that can ruin the anticipated celebration.
What does a Typical Policy Cover?
- Venue- Policy covers the costs of unavoidable cancellation (damage to the venue) and if the venue is in an unusable condition due to fire, an electrical outage or has closed. Some policies will also cover the rehearsal dinner site as well.
- Weather - If weather conditions prevent the bride, groom or relative(s) whose presence is essential to the wedding or majority of the guests from arriving to the wedding site, policy covers the cost of rescheduling the event including all details such as flowers, food, etc.
- Attire - Policy pays to repair/replace special attire (garments worn by the bride, groom, or bridal party) if they are lost, stolen or damage.
- Military or Job Transfer - Policy covers the postponement of the wedding due to the bride or groom being called into military duty or forced to make a last-minute job transfer.
Additional Coverage Options
- Photography - Covers the cost of retaking photographs if the photographer fails to show up or if image negatives are lost, stolen, or damaged.
- Videographer - Policy pays to have a video montage created, video compilation of photographs or retaking the video using re staging techniques if the video is damaged.
- Gifts - Policy pays for the cost of repairing or replacing non-monetary gifts that are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Personal Liability - Policy covers bodily injury or property damage caused by accidents that occur during the wedding.
- Honeymoon - Certain policies include optional travel insurance for the honeymoon.
Plan Ahead for a Peace of Mind
Though you may not want to think that disaster could strike on your wedding day, there is always a chance of mishap or two. From sudden vendor cancellation or damage to your treasured white gown, wedding insurance can protect against unforeseen problems, while also giving loving couple peace of mind.
Other Precautions to Consider
In addition to purchasing a wedding insurance policy, remember these precautions to avoid a wedding day mishap:
- Do extensive research on the vendors you select. Get references from family members, friends, and other local couples. Obtain a reliability report from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) before signing on the dotted line
- Keep your deposits small, as most are non-refundable. By limiting your deposit amounts, you will protect against large loss if you need to reschedule or cancel your wedding.
- Use credit card versus a personal check to pay for services, as it is easier to dispute charges when using a credit card. Also, save receipts for all purchases in case of a problem.
Contact Us Today!
A typical wedding insurance covering the loss of photos, videos, attire, presents, rings, and deposits is affordable, considering a typical wedding budget. Contact Clarke & Sampson, Inc. at (703) 683-6601 to learn more about how this coverage can help you o eliminate one less wedding day worry!