Workers’ compensation insurance provides coverage for employee’s work related injuries or illnesses through payment of medical expenses, lost wages, disability and benefits for families in the event of a fatality. In most states, workers’ compensation insurance is mandatory. That does not mean, however, that carriers provide the same coverages, service, and price. Clarke & Sampson is here to help your business find the right fit.
Below is a list of the benefits provided by workers compensation policies. Coverage benefits are paid in accordance with state law and may vary by staff. For details on which coverages apply to your business, please contact us at 703.683.6601.
- Disability/Loss of Income Benefits - these benefits compensate employees for who are unable to work due to a work related injury. These benefits replace a portion of the lost income.
- Medical Benefits - pays for medical services due to an employment related injury. Nearly all medical expenses are covered with neither a limit on the period of time nor an upper dollar limit.
- Survivor/Death Benefits - compensates surviving spouse, children, or other relatives of an employee whose death results from a work-related injury.
- Rehabilitation Benefits - rehabilitation benefits include medical rehabilitation, such as physical therapy and vocational rehabilitation.
- Employers Liability - provides protection for the insured for sums the insured becomes legally obligated to pay under common law because of a work-related injury or occupational disease.