Homes come in all styles, sizes and ages: colonials, ranches, century-old landmarks and newly built structures. No matter where you call home, it’s a major investment, both financially and emotionally. If anything disastrous should happen to your home, you would want an insurance policy broad enough to help repair, replace or rebuild it as it was before. Like homes, insurance policies come in all styles and sizes as well. Look beyond the premium alone and make sure you are properly protecting your single greatest investment.
A homeowners policy includes coverage for the following:
- The Dwelling – Your single greatest investment. The policy will pay the cost to replace or repair your dwelling due to a covered loss
- Other Structures – The policy covers structures other than the dwelling on your premises such as barns, garages, sheds, pools, etc.
- Personal Property – Covers your personal property both on and away from your premises
- Additional Living Expenses – If your home is damaged in a covered disaster, the policy can cover additional living expenses that are reasonable and necessary to maintain your normal standard of living while your home is being repaired
- Personal Liability – Provides coverage for defense and judgment if you are legally liable for accidental injuries to others on your premises, or for the actions of family members or pets. Even if you are not legally liable, the legal costs for your defense are covered.
- Premises Medical Payments – This is a voluntary payment for medical expenses for others who may be injured on your premises when you are not at fault.
The above broad categories comprise the basics for most homeowners policies. However, there are numerous options and endorsements available to tailor the policy to meet your individual needs. These include, but are not limited to:
- Replacement Cost Dwelling – Extended limits or Agreed Value
- Replacement Cost Contents Coverage
- Personal Injury Liability (libel and slander)
- Building Ordinance or Law Coverage
- Sewer and Drain Backup
- Valuable Articles Coverage
- Equipment Breakdown
- Identity Fraud
- Loss Assessment
Our companies offer a number of credits to help reduce your costs including:
- Account Credit
- New Home Discount
- Alarm Credits
- Sprinkler System
- Gated Community
- Fire Extinguishers
Until you have a loss, all policies appear to be the same. After a loss you will learn they are not. Let us help you look beyond just the dwelling limit and policy premium.